We’re looking for a Retail Superstar!
Position – Part-time Permanent, Saturday 9.30am – 1pm. $20 p/h.
(Plus 10am – 2pm on the days between Xmas/New Years - Dec 29th, 30th & 31st)
Start date: Saturday 28 November
Our little shop is super busy on a Saturday so we’re looking for someone to help us out on an on-going, permanent basis. You’ll be working along side the owners, Brendon and Maggie but on the odd occasion you’ll be running the shop independently if we need to be away (the odd weekend). Then over time, working by yourself every Saturday.
The hours between Xmas and New Years, you will be by yourself.
- Serving customers at the counter
- Answering the phone
- Answering emails
- Balloon inflation
- Cake quoting (not to begin with)
- End of day vacuum
- Processing online orders and getting them ready for collection/courier
- Serving cupcakes
- Chatting all things cake with customers, including upselling our products
- Opening/closing the shop if the owners are not present
- Tidying shelves and topping up products
- Other duties as required
Who we’re looking for:
- Confident, friendly and warm person (Personality plus!)
- Available on Saturdays + the days in between Xmas and New Years (where you will be running the shop by yourself)
- Not phased by a queue – works well under pressure!
- Efficient, fast paced & a quick learner
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Able to work with others but also independently
- Confident up-seller
- Cake decorating/cake decorating supply knowledge would be an advantage!
- Handy with technology (for example getting the internet back up and running if it cuts-out or the printer has a jam etc).
Above everything else we are looking for someone with a really out-going, bubbly personality. We want someone that is confident making small talk with customers, taking an interest in their cake projects, making suggestions and going over and above to help them. The hours are short but boy they are packed – there are occasions where there’s 4-6 customers waiting to be served, people wanting balloons and you’re by yourself. Are you calm, efficient and have the common sense to juggle the quick transactions over the ones that will take a bit of time to deal with, and know how to deal with that – all with awesome customer service…if so, then we want you!
If you meet all the criteria above and are available on Saturdays (plus xmas hours) then please send your CV + Cover Letter (or a bit about yourself) to email@example.com
Applications close on Thursday 19th November. Interviews will be between 23rd - 25th November with the start date being Saturday November 28th.